05 October 2006

gateway cosmetic

my friend Q told me a long time ago that i should re-consider lipgloss - - that long ago little girl first step into the magical world of cosmetics.

until we had this conversation (and the following Christmas, when by serendipity, my mom gifted me with my tarte dual ended lip gloss) i hadn't worn, nor thought of wearing makeup on a daily basis since my 20's.

now, a fairly substantial portion of my morning ritual is the application of 'my face'

granted, my ritual is more streamlined than many i can cite among my acquaintance... but it's still longer and more detailed than lather, rinse, dry (which it used to be). unless it's a special occasion i rely on 4 products and two brushes... and a mirror. if my eyes are bright and my skin is clear, i can get away with 2. on weekends, i'm still zero makeup - - unless it's a special occasion.

just let me serve as a warning - - unless you're of a mind to modify your clean face ways - - steer clear of lip gloss. go with chapstick - or better yet - a small tub of vaseline that you can use for other things too...

happy thursday

1 comment:

The Dog of Freetown said...

I've managed to avoid it so far. Although I have to admit I'm often tempted to eat the strawberry ones, they smell so good.