19 September 2006

vacation turd

ok...
i know i said i was going to try to log on and do my thing while i was away, but i couldn't...
ok...
didn't.

i suck

if it's any consolation i was sick on the last day - and still am. i think we caught a cold on the ride to florida and it incubated while we were there. all of us - except the baby, mostly - are down with some degree of snotty nose and sneeze and cough.

:: highlights ::
- - shopping at publix. i don't know if i'm politically meant to hate this store, but from one who honestly enjoys grocery shopping, it was a pretty good time
- - the pool. the water was warm and clean and didn't have even the slightest hint of chlorine sting or smell. it was a great option when the ocean was just too rough (i.e. most of our vacation)
- - the ocean. two and a half whole days of it... playing in the surf, picking up shells, and the roar of crashing waves when moving was just too much work
- - character breakfast on Saturday morning. Donald Duck is my daughter's new boyfriend. nevermind that we're all convinced that the actor in the suit was a woman...
- - quality time with my mom and my daughter.

:: the price ::
- - 9 days away from my husband and my cat
- - the cold
- - the two weeks of work i have to do this week

was it worth it?
totally.
would i do it again?
not without my man.

peace out - i'll get back again when i have less on my plate.

1 comment:

Kimba said...

Sounds like you had a great trip, despite the sickness. Too bad the hubby couldn't join ya'll! Glad you had a great time!