17 July 2006

time flies

holy cats - it's been five days since my last post... i stink.

i've been spending most of the time enjoying the hot hot hot and the cool of the swimming pool. a bit too much, i think... my cheeks are the sunkissed pink that tells me i haven't been drinking enough water. my head, too, reminds me of my rampant state of dehydration. and yet...
the summertime beckons. come heat, come humidity... soak into me and make me as languid liquid as the coming august air. slow me down and caress my too stressed mind with your balmy evening breeze.

today is tea and oatmeal cookie at the panera too close to my office, where i'm not, but not at all close to home, where i am meant to be. my mom is visiting her sister (for her birthday) and i drove... mom really doesn't prefer to drive... probably she was hoping that i would abandon work and spend the afternoon buffering the visit. i would have, but i have so much still to do.

pleh - my tea has gone cold.

in just about an hour or so, i'm going to go be a buffer... in the meantime, work.

get outside, soak up some sun... bring some nice iced tea, or a glass of cold cold water and a twist of lime...

i'll be out in a few, to meet you...

No comments: