28 July 2006

storycore

on NPR this morning at something like quarter of 7 marked the second time i cried already today.

the first, on seeing the one lady who was in the horrible car accident (that had I-75 closed down to one lane at 8 mile) kneeling (in her pretty summer work clothes) at the side of the person from the other car, who was lying in the middle of the "fast lane", not moving, and covered in a flowered sheet or probably a picnic blanket. the backs of my eyes and the end of my nose prickle again now, just thinking about it. heaven preserve us all...

the storycore story was from a pediatric doctor (to his daughter) about one of the most memorable patient's family - who upon realising she wasn't going to get the transplant she needed, offered up her organs to others in need. he commented on the resilience of children and their amazing ability to heal - - and the heartache every time one doesn't. but what got me was his comment about a hug around the knee, and i missed my little girl so much in that moment that i nearly burst into tears... instead they leaked heavily down my still damp cheeks.

i think when i'm tired i get double plus emotional, but yeah... still...

keep safe, keep close... have a good weekend

1 comment:

Kimba said...

Thank you for making me sob at work! What a way to start the day! This is the reason I believe in telling the people who matter "I love you" each and everytime we part, and kissing my hubby & daughter every time. You simply never know.

I hope you know, I love YOU too.