10 October 2005

No Time Like the Present

I finally finished Lucy last night. It was good. There were actually points at which I cried.

I didn't do half the stuff I wanted to this weekend. Some of the important things that were missed:
- making the baby's halloween costume
- cutting wood
- cleaning my room

The only two important things that happened:
- mowing the lawn
- taking the baby for her first pony ride at the "pumpkin patch" that's literally right around the corner from our home. She LOVED it... I believe there were more than 2 shrieks of absolute delight. I couldn't have spent a better three dollars.

This means that I have a very busy week in front of me.
AFTER all of the stuff that I have to do at work (it's a financial reporting week, and I have an all day meeting on Thursday), and in addition to having company this Wednesday (I REALLY need to work out some communication issues with my husband... who naturally assumed I knew he meant having company when I naturally assumed he meant going for a visit...), I still have to work out cutting wood, at least STARTING on the costume, and DEFINITELY cleaning my room.

Yeah... and I was thinking about how nice it would be to have a mental health day sometime soon. Oh well.

No comments: