25 July 2008

silly girl


i watched Becoming Jane last night.
alone. while my husband was at work. during girl week.
WHAT kind of foolish am I...

i'm not usually prone to swooning, now that I'm a wife and mother and corporate monkey.
i'm not usually given to flights of fancy...
and yet, i find myself still heart-broken at the practical good-bye
OF COURSE i know it was the smartest thing she could do - - for EACH of them.
OF COURSE i know she was right
but it's cold comfort.

i want her happy endings.
i crave happy endings... justice... love.

what?! what do you expect from me?
i'm a wishing star
or a guardian angel
or
a silly girl...

3 comments:

Kassi Gilbert said...

it doesn't help a girls practicalities that james mcavoy is an absolute dumpling. Even as a fawn.

yay for silly romantic girls! there aren't enough of them around anymore (have you SEEN what the girls are wearing these days?)

Kimba said...

Ah, my little Cloud 9 angel, I'm so glad that part of you IS still a silly girl! It's sweet & wonderful & romantic...and it helps me know I'm not alone when I have my own moments of swooni-ness over yummies like James McAvoy (which is just all the better in Regency goodness!) I only wish we could have watched it together!

Anonymous said...

Haven't seen that yet, but I know what you mean about those sad endings. they seem to haunt you for days in a bad way while the happy one's leave you feeling - well, happy!