08 July 2008

getting my toes wet

today i have decided that i am going to dedicate some of my time to my new job. oh sure, i'm still buried in my old job (the one that i was supposed to be DONE with by june 2nd) but i've had it with not doing anything good/fun/meaningful.

it's neat because i'm "making contacts" with people i see every day, but have never had the opportunity to work with... and the sad matter of fact in this building, is that if i don't work with someone, i have very little interaction with them. i have a deep hive mentality about this building... in that i believe it is where work gets done... and not, so much, where i hang out with friends.

i have, as a matter of fact, been accused of being cold, reclusive (see troglodite), and (at best) reserved. the people with whom i share office space don't - as a general rule - know me very well.

i'm off to a meeting - with my new team - to advise them that i'm still cleaning up old reporting... the never-ending (at least seemingly so) duty of getting rid of my old job. at least today i get to tell them that i'm making headway on other stuff as well...

2 comments:

Kimmer said...

Cold, reclusive, and reserved?!?

These people are in for a surprising awakening!!

Kimba said...

How about charming, unpredictable, witty & clever? They really haven't a clue, do they??