29 June 2008

Daring Embarrassment

EDIT:: agonizingly blurry photo of my finished braid


and not so blurry, but equally tasty - the pinwheels.


I filled them with home-made cherry filing, and iced them with an almond hinted simple glaze.
we very much enjoyed the chomping of these...


I got a phone call yesterday morning. My mom's eldest brother passed away. She needed family and love and a good strong shoulder, so I spent a good part of the day over there. By the time I got home, I was drained... and, in spite of being distraught, baking just didn't appeal.

So - I started, this morning, making this month's challenge.... which is only half done... well, not even that... but getting close.
I neglected to factor in the "let refrigerate 5 hours or overnight" element when I started this morning.

Tomorrow evening , I will have lovely photos of my Daring Learning Experience posted.

Until then, please check out the other FABULOUS creations using the blogroll as a guide.

2 comments:

Kimmer said...

I hope that your mom is doing better today. What a terrible way to start the weekend.

Your poor mommy.....

Anonymous said...

Your braid looks great! Your cherry filling with almond glaze sounds scrumptious!