08 January 2008

nothing's broken but can't be fixed...




i have been BLUE lately.

just miserable unhappy sad and down.


i've been blaming it on post-holiday-stress-disorder

i've been blaming it on the weather

i've been ridiculous

no one and nothing to blame it on but me


God love him, my husband bought me the Marie Antoinette soundtrack.

There are songs in here that - for a wild-child of the 80's - are an actual balm for the soul.

(yes, for me - the AntGirl - Kings of the Wild Frontier is the number one among these)

In the hour that it took me to drive to work, listening all the way I could feel the blues peeling off me like layers of onion skin.

Am i 100% happy and full of teen-aged bliss?

Hell no.

But I have a new (royal family) outlook on how to get there.


And it involves a little bit of flirting with the world

and a LOT of AntMusic!


Look out world...

2 comments:

Kimmer said...

Hooray!

Flirty-niffy is back!

.....with restrictions, but good ones ;-)

Kimba said...

oooh, flirty-niffy...I remember her!
That soundtrack always makes me feel good (and 16 again!)