28 January 2008

my january daring baking


I LOVE lemon meringue pie. It's absolutely KILLNG me that I haven't eaten it yet, but I'm waiting for MT to get home.
I didn't like making the crust at all - - i'm not used to using butter in my pie crust, and mixing it in the food processor didn't work the way i thought it would (the Barefoot Contessa makes it look so easy). Still, I'm thinking it's going to taste great - - i hope the butter gives it a nuttiness that a Crisco crust doesn'thave.
The lemon curd i DID taste, and HO-Doggie, is that stuff good. I've never had vanilla in a lemon curd before, and man am i nuts abou tit. This is DEFINITELY going to be my new curd recipe!
I've seen some great things trolling the other bakers blogs and I'm geeked to give them a try!

9 comments:

Kimba said...

Looks delicious!!! Have a slice for me!

Deborah said...

What a beautiful pie! I hope you enjoyed the taste, as well!

Canadian Baker said...

Looks amazing and thanks for joining us on this baking adventure!

Gabi said...

Your pie looks great-hope you didn't have to wait too long to have a piece!
xoxo

Lis said...

Yay! What a beautiful pie! It looks HUGE! heeee!

You did an amazing job.. thanks so much for participating. :)

xoxo

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Looks like a lovely pie. Hope it was good Fin.

Unknown said...

Looks great, how did it turn out?

Sheltie Girl said...

You did a lovely job on your lemon meringue pie. Happy belated birthday!

Natalie @ Gluten A Go Go

Unknown said...

Great job! Hope you enjoyed the pie. I actually enjoyed using my food processor...and new thing to me! BTW, I'm at a five and it was quite an interesting b-day. Happy B-day late.