09 October 2007

Heat and Haunt


Dang but it was hot this past weekend.

Our local community held their apple/harvest festival, and basically it was a slew of sweaty, (mostly) smoking folk crowding the streets, looking at "crafts" and eating absolute JUNK. Apart from the smoking part, that included me, too. I'm quite certain my arteries still haven't forgiven me for the elephant ear.

Oh, and we went through the spook house too - - i don't think i've laughed that hard at something that was supposed to be scary in I don't know how long. It was a ride (with tin "doom-buggies") that circled three times past the same (mostly unlit) scenes of skully heads and LOTS of clanging of doors and gears and who-knows-what. Our three year old wasn't even really scared - - granted, she's a brave one.

The rest of the weekend was really just watching, with some astonishment, the traffic (mostly on foot) up and down our street from wherever they were parking to an entry point into the fray.

This weekend - - HalloWeekends at Cedar Point. I have the adult tickets (thanks to discount at work) and we'll be getting the little one when we get there. This is HER trip... and I'm geeked. I know she wants to go on rides. I know she wants to play games (and win a big guitar!). For me? It's watching her learn to love this kind of fun. The weather looks like it's going to be friendly. All that's left is making a warm "costume" for her (a sweatsuit pony maybe?) so she can feel double plus special.

Ok - so that's all the good news for the morning...

1 comment:

Kimba said...

how was cedar point?!?!