23 October 2007

boxing

i have been beaten up by our Wii.

we've had it for a while - - maybe almost a month now. but mostly i've been doing things like bowling, and Zelda, and a whole lot of watching (my favorite video game activity). on Sunday, though, miss foo asked me to play the boxing game. and i did - and had a blast - for three rounds. after that i was (out of shape) panting and tired. it felt like a good workout, and i was glad to be done... but i wasn't sore.

saturday we went to the terrorfied forest and had a blast. it was just as spooky (if not more so) as i remembered. i was giddy. i loved it (and was SO mad at myself for having missed the HauntCon walk through this summer) and only suffered a little pain in my shoulders from the grabbing and pulling and holding.

sunday was the boxing incident.

last night, while grocery shopping, my muscles quit working and i felt like i wasn't able to breathe or reach or really, move so much. and, of course, as one so disconnected from regular exercise, for my life i couldn't figure out why. later, it dawned on me.

i told my husband that i'm never playing that game again.
being the sage that he is, he recommended i play it three times a week.

sha...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How come Smito's response sounds like something Caleb would say?

Kimba said...

I want a Wii. Jealous me. I'm sure it'd kick my ass too.

Kimmer said...

I's also like a Wii, but I'm horrified to find out what my Wii-age is.

I'm sure that it ain't pretty....