04 May 2007

Update - - too long delayed

The antibiotics didn't work.
I don't have a concha bullosa in my snout.
There is no real level of assuredness as to what is causing the foul tastes and smells.

I will, however, be having sinus surgery (1 June).
The doc really needs to remove the infection (which can only be facilitated surgically)
While he's in there, he will be fixing my deviated septum, opening up my right maxillary sinus, and performing reductions on my right middle turbinate, and both inferior turbinates.
For more information, if your morbidly curious like I am, you can check out the pretty good information at SinusInfoCenter.com. I think it's run by a consortium of ENT's, but that's not so bad.

Other than that, life is just moving along as normal. Work is work. There's always something to be done with the house. My baby is fully wonderful and wonderfully funny.

1 comment:

Kimba said...

I hope everything goes well. And I had no idea there was so much that could be going on in the sinuses...learn something new every day! Hope you're feeling alright.