04 December 2007

Fa La La Flllt...

Long days at work prevent me from enjoying the long evenings of the approaching winter.
(i'm a die hard - - regardless of the freezing and whatnot, it is Autumn until the 21st, dammit)

I have a long list, as well, of things to do and make and wrap. I'm fortunate that this year it doesn't (yet) include a long list of "things to attend" as well. I'm about out of attend-tion right now. I'm looking forward to tea and wrapping and holiday music. I'm not sure I'll get it, but I really like the thought of it. More likely, it will be another year of Christmas Eve marathon "wrapping" in bags. I really wanted to avoid that this year - - saving the bags for those odd (read - jacked up) shaped gifts that don't lend themselves to wrapping.

The worst part is that I still have shopping to do. My husband and I have to brave the toy store (or the equivalent) to collect the pieces left for our daughter. There are quite a few, too. I determined myself, this year, that I wouldn't run out and do it all myself - - allowing my DH to participate, with me, in the joy that is shopping for children. We have a few gifts for friends that hover on the horizon as well... these vex me most of all, because at least for the Foo we have a list. For them .... not so much.

End of humbug...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't started Christmas shopping...for anyone. You are leagues ahead of me. :)